Michael A. Jordan Biggest Fan?!

3:50 AM

image credits: google.com

Haven't you ever wondered why your parents gave you a name like yours now? It's quite interesting actually. This is the story of mine:


How I got my first name!

So, my mom is actually a big fan of Michael Jordan - an American retired professional basketball player. She really loves basketball and plays like she depends on it. Therefore, she named my brother with "Jordan" and for me it's "Michelle" - the female version of Michael other than Michaela. For those who don't know my name, my name is Michelle Atalya. And that's how I got my first name.
*another fun fact: 23 is Jordan's basketball jersey number AND my birthday is on 23th October, a coincidence? 


Michael The Archangel

Seeing that my mom had chosen my first name, it is my dad's turn to choose my last name. My father is a religious person, moreover since my first name is "Michelle" which means Close to God in Hebrew and also means Gift from God, he decided to give me my last name with "Atalya". Atalya means God is praised in Hebrew. Really deep isn't it? 




Well, that's the story behind my name. What's yours? :)
p.s: comment down below

You Might Also Like

0 comments